LAUNCH - Personal MBA 2009 + Request for Help!
17 March 2009
- Each book now has its own summary page, making browsing significantly easier.
- The design of the list has been updated to improve readability and navigation.
- The “Business History” and “Business Reference” sections of the list have been eliminated due to lack of use. As a result, this edition is a net reduction in recommended books, even with the new additions this year.
This edition features 15 new books. They are…
- The Power of Less by Leo Babauta
- Brain Rules by John Medina
- The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr & Tony Schwartz
- Driven by Paul Lawrence and Nitin Nohria
- Smart Choices by John S. Hammond et al
- Thinking in Systems by Donella Meadows
- The Knack by Norm Brodsky & Bo Burlingham
- Permission Marketing by Seth Godin
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Total Leadership by Stewart Friedman
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Accounting Made Simple by Mike Piper
- Fail-Safe Investing by Harry Browne
- Personal Development for Smart People by Steve Pavlina
- Re-Create Your Life by Morty Lefkoe
- Changing for Good by James O. Prochaska et al
This list of recommendations has developed a great deal over the past four years. As a result, we’re rapidly approaching the point of diminishing returns when it comes to huge annual updates. Future changes to the list will happen incrementally, with a maximum cap of 99 recommended resources. (The list is currently at 94 recommended books.) I expect that a few books will be added over time, and books will be removed if they go out of print. Otherwise, I expect this incarnation of the list to be stable.
New Feature: Business Book Recommender
The Personal MBA Business Book Recommender is a beta feature designed to help identify the best book for you, based on your current question or interest. My goal for this page is to help you find a great business book in 30 seconds or less.
To develop this great new feature, I need your help! Instead of answering questions I think people will ask, I want to focus on answering the questions you actually have. If you’d like to help me build the Personal MBA Business Book Recommender, all you need to do is contact me with your question, and I’ll add the response to the recommender.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords