What will you do post-Personal MBA?
19 March 2009
I used to think that the by the time I’d finish the Personal MBA book list, reading twenty or thirty business and development books per year would become a bit of a lifestyle. And thus, I couldn’t really ever truly finish the Personal MBA.
While I still think it’s true that I won’t ever finish, I now question the utility of reading a large amount of material after a Personal MBA at anywhere near the pace that I’m doing so now.
I’m not saying I’ll stop reading – the learner in me certainly wouldn’t like that – but I’m starting to wonder how far outside of the Personal MBA reading list the law of diminishing returns applies.
There’s just so much incredible high-level wisdom in these books that I think I’d do pretty well even if I would never read another non-Personal MBA 2009 book in my life.
And the wisdom therein will certainly take me far longer to really grasp than the two and half years I’ve allotted to reading them.
Maybe I’ll find it best to spend most of my efforts trying to live that wisdom rather than spend too much time filling in the low-level gaps of knowledge.
What do you think your reading habits will be when you’ve finished the Personal MBA?
This is a great question – what do you think? Check out the thread and let us know what you think!
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords