One Percent Windfall - Rafi Mohammed
By Josh Kaufman
Pricing your offer involves a delicate balancing act. If you charge too little, you’re diminishing your profits. If you charge too much, you risk losing paying customers. As a result, loss aversion typically pushes us to charge less than what our offer is worth.
The 1% Windfall is a compilation of fundamental guidelines that will help you set the highest supportable price for your offer. Rafi Mohammed is an experienced pricing consultant with experience helping major companies make pricing decisions. In most cases, even a very small price increase can improve profits without dramatically impacting sales.
Since the price of your offer is tied directly to the value you’re providing, so The 1% Windfall spends a lot of time detailing various forms of value, bundling strategies, tradeoffs, risk reversal, versioning, and differential pricing.
Optimizing your pricing strategy is one of the most effective ways to ensure your business is generating as much profit as possible. If pricing is a consistent challenge for your company, you’ll find The 1% Windfall useful reading.
Special thanks to Brian Mermelshtein for recommending this book.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords