Simple Numbers Straight Talk Big Profits - Greg Crabtree and Beverly Blair Harzog
By Josh Kaufman
Finance and accounting can be very intimidating subjects for new business owners. Fortunately, you don’t have to be a CPA to understand your business’ numbers or make good financial decisions.
Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits is a straightforward, approachable guide to business finance. In this book, you’ll learn why you need to account for your owner’s salary when examining your books, how to accurately calculate profit, understand cash flow, and how to ensure your employees and contractors are truly benefiting your business instead of sucking your bank account dry.
Other major topics include securing loans, setting a valuation for investment, creating a solid tax strategy, establishing financial systems and controls, generating useful financial reports, and using forecasting to plan for business improvements.
Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits is the finance guide I wish I had when I started my business. Master the essentials, create useful financial systems, and spend more time building your venture.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords