Another Wide-Ranging Discussion with Ben Casnocha
02 February 2009
Back in August, Ben Casnocha (entrepreneur, business blogger, and author of My Startup Life) and I had a very interesting conversation about business books, self-education, and business mental models.
Ben just launched a cool new side project called Think Different TV, and invited me to have a follow-up discussion in a different format: online video. In this video, we discuss…
- Personal development books like Personal Development for Smart People_, Loving What Is_, and The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Ambition and the difference between being motivated by power/status and being motivated by service/craftsmanship.
- Effective non-fiction reading techniques.__
- The importance of mental models from non-business subjects like psychology and the physical sciences.
To watch the 40 minute discussion, you can use the embedded player above or check out this page, which also features a summary of the discussion. Enjoy!
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords