10 Days to Faster Reading - Abby Marks-Beale
By Josh Kaufman
When reading non-fiction, reading a book word-for-word is often a sub-optimal approach: non-linear reading strategies can help increase your reading speed while maintaining high comprehension. Developed by the Princeton Language Learning Institute, the reading techniques taught in 10 Days to Faster Reading are supported by research and very easy to understand and apply. I know they work from experience: by applying these techniques, I was able to review hundreds of books in the process of creating the Personal MBA Recommended Reading List.
I’ve reviewed many reading skills programs, including one that cost over $200, and this book is the best: superior content at a very reasonable price. By reading 10 Days to Faster Reading and working each day to improve your reading skills, you’ll be able to work your way through the Personal MBA in record time.
Here’s a bonus: for a quick, free primer on effective non-fiction reading techniques, check out How to Read a Book (PDF) by Paul N. Edwards.
Like this post? Join over 41,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Live From San Francisco - How to Get Results
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012