Getting Things Done - David Allen
By Josh Kaufman
You probably have a lot to do right now. How do you keep track of all of your responsibilities and commitments without going insane? Getting Things Done is a complete system of work habits that will allow you to capture, organize, and track everything that’s on your mind, resulting in a clear, calm view of the next actions needed to keep your projects moving.
Getting Things Done is a distillation of David Allen’s decades of experience working with busy corporate executives. Instead of starting with high-level principles, GTD begins with “collecting” everything on your mind, then organizing your thoughts in a system designed to help you focus on what’s most important at any given moment.
In this book, you’ll learn how to set up a productive workspace, capture random thoughts and ideas, maintain a useful filing system, and track your progress towards your goals.
Getting Things Done is a system of habits, and as such, it takes a while to fully understand and adopt. Don’t be discouraged: if you want to take your personal productivity to the next level, Getting Things Done is the best place to start.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords