Smart Choices - John Hammond, Ralph Keeney, and Howard Raiffa
By Josh Kaufman
In Sources of Power_, Gary Klein suggests that decision-makers don’t always have time for research or deliberation. When you have the benefit of time, however, rational deliberation is a useful strategy, and *_Smart Choices will teach you how to identify the best of all available options.*
In Smart Choices, you’ll learn how to analyze your current situation, weight factors appropriately, and make tradeoffs without confusion or emotional distress. You’ll also learn how to ensure you’ve identified the right problem, clarify your ultimate objective, and find other alternatives that will satisfy your objectives while avoiding excessive uncertainty and risk.
Whether you’re looking for a new job, making a big-ticket purchase, or evaluating a new business, Smart Choices will help you ensure that you make a prudent decision.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords