Competitive Strategy - Michael Porter
By Josh Kaufman
Michael Porter has been a world-renowned expert on corporate strategy for decades, and his books and papers are a staple of business school classrooms around the world. The “five forces” model of corporate competition presented in Competitive Strategy provides an intuitive and thorough way to analyze the attractiveness of any existing industry.
By paying particular attention to the power of suppliers and customers, the threats of new entry and substitutes, and the level of internal rivalry in the industry, Porter argues that it’s possible to identify opportunities and develop strategies that create a profitable, defensible competitive position for your firm.
If you’re involved in or fascinated by the global game of business dominance, read Competitive Strategy: it’s still the best primer on successful business competition available.
Like this post? Join over 41,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Live From San Francisco - How to Get Results
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012