Ethics for the Real World - Ronald Howard & Clinton Korver
By Josh Kaufman
As a business leader, your actions can affect thousands (if not millions) of people. Deciding in advance how you want to act – and why – will help you maintain your ethical standards, even in the face of ambiguity and pressure.
Ethics for the Real World takes an “engineering” approach to ethical decision-making: it guides you through the process of creating a personal set of ethical standards you can use to guide your actions.
It’s difficult to write a useful about about ethics without moralizing, but Howard & Korver have done it. In this book, you’ll learn how to understand when a situation is becoming ethically questionable, develop a personal code of ethical principles, use those principles to decide how to act appropriately, and develop alternatives to acting in an unethical manner to avoid compromising your standards.
The world is not a black and white place: shades of grey are everywhere. By taking the advice in Ethics for the Real World, you’ll be far less likely to make a business decision you bitterly regret.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords