The Power of Full Engagement - Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz
By Josh Kaufman
Most businesspeople focus on managing time, which is misleading: true effectiveness is more about managing and investing your energy, and that starts by paying close attention to your body. The Power of Full Engagement describes how to optimize your daily energy levels by improving your daily habits and routines.
Central to The Power of Full Engagement is the idea of rest and recovery. Just like a high-performing athlete, people who think, plan, and create for a living have a need to rest after periods of intense exertion. By planning for these rest and recovery cycles, you can actually get more done in less time without feeling drained or overly stressed.
The Power of Full Engagement also covers maintaining high energy levels via diet and exercise – two overlooked areas of life that have a major impact on how you feel each day. If you want to keep yourself in “fighting shape” in order to do your best work, read this book.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords