Re-Create Your Life - Morty Lefkoe
By Josh Kaufman
What you believe influences how you see the world, as well as how you react to everything around you. The central insight of Re-Create Your Life is that you have far more control over what you believe than you may think.
Everything that happens to us can be interpreted in many different ways, and how we choose to interpret what happens to us defines our behavior. In Re-Create Your Life, you’ll learn how to identify common behavioral patterns, verbalize the beliefs those patterns imply, discover the source of those beliefs, and generate other possible interpretations of those events. This simple process allows you to consciously choose how you interpret the world around you, which can have a major impact on how you see the world.
The process described in Re-Create Your Life can help you overcome your own fears and anxieties, reconsider and forgive past faults, and open your mind to new possibilities you’ve never considered. In addition, it can help you identify the beliefs you and your colleagues have about business – the first step in creating a company culture that will keep your customers happy and your employees satisfied.
(Special thanks to PJ Eby for recommending this book.)
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords