Turning Numbers Into Knowledge - Jonathan Koomey
By Josh Kaufman
I hold books that teach the reader how to think clearly and simply about a specific topic in extremely high regard. Turning Numbers into Knowledge is a masterful book about how to use data to solve real problems.
Jonathan Koomey is a Project Scientist at Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory and Professor at Stanford University. Under Koomey’s expert guidance, you’ll learn how to collect accurate data, how to identify potential bias, how to create hypotheses and models, and how to use the data to come to solid conclusions.
Turning Numbers into Knowledge isn’t simply a book about number-crunching: it’s ultimately about critical thinking, problem solving, and asking good questions. By using the information taught in this book, you will have all the tools you need to solve even your most challenging business problems.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords