Work the System - Sam Carpenter
By Josh Kaufman
You have way too many important things to do to spend time “fighting fires” – focusing on urgent issues that constantly seem to pop up in your business. In order to grow, you need a system – a set of standard operating procedures that will help you handle issues in a quick and effective manner.
Systems don’t have to be complicated. Work the System describes a few simple methods you can use to turn your business into a well-oiled machine.
You don’t have to be a genius to benefit from installing business systems and processes – all it takes is a willingness to watch what’s happening and create simple, visible, repeatable methods to solve common issues. Once the system is in place and working properly, you can delegate or outsource common tasks to employees or contractors, freeing up your valuable time and energy for more important things.
If you want to spend less time working in your business, you must choose to work on it. Work the System will show you how to create business systems and processes that work, allowing you to grow without going insane.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords