12 Elements of Great Managing - Rodd Wagner & James Harte
By Josh Kaufman
Great businesses attract and retain talented and productive people. If you want to create an environment where people work happily and productively, this book will teach you how.
Like all of Gallup’s books, this text is backed by an extraordinary degree of research, observation, and empirical evidence. Focusing on what keeps employees actively engaged in their work, Wagner and Harter have discovered twelve elements that largely determine how satisfied people are with their work. Unlike other texts on employee satisfaction, each element is supported by data drawn from thousands of companies around the world, not anecdotal evidence, so you can put full faith and trust in the recommendations in this book.
If your people really are “your greatest asset,” read 12: The Elements of Great Managing and make it a priority to create a plan to improve your company’s performance on each of these twelve elements as soon as possible.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords