The Essential Drucker - Peter Drucker
By Josh Kaufman
All modern theories of management, traced to their source, eventually lead to Peter Drucker. The Essential Drucker is an edited collection of Peter Drucker’s most influential thoughts about the practice of management.
Drucker held the view that the manager is the central element in every business, responsible for organizing resources and ensuring they’re used to maximum effect. You’ll learn the three primary functions of management: managing the business, managing other managers, and managing subordinates, and how setting clear objectives and measures is absolutely essential to the success of the firm.
Good management is not necessarily exciting: on the surface, the lack of drama could be seen as downright boring, but keeping the system running smoothly frees up resources and energy to move the business forward. By reading The Essential Drucker and making an effort to apply Drucker’s suggestions to your business, you’ll be superbly prepared to handle managerial responsibility.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords