Hire With Your Head - Lou Adler
By Josh Kaufman
Let’s face it: it’s hard to find good people. Even when you find someone you think will be a great fit, it’s difficult to determine in advance whether or not a new hire will work. To complicate matters, making a bad hire is very expensive in terms of money and opportunity cost.
Hire With Your Head is a systematic approach to discovering, evaluating, and hiring the best employees and contractors you can find. Lou Adler is a former corporate executive turned recruiting consultant, and shares his step-by-step method to finding, qualifying, hiring, and integrating new employees into your organization.
Hiring well is a complex process, and Hire With Your Head covers every aspect of the process. You’ll learn everything from writing clear and compelling job descriptions to interviewing and extending offers to promising candidates. Once you establish an effective hiring process, you’ll find it much easier to focus on the purpose of hiring: building a productive, high-performing organization.
Special thanks to Derek Sivers for recommending this book.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords