22 Immutable Laws of Marketing - Al Ries and Jack Trout
By Josh Kaufman
Marketing is the art of attracting attention and making people interested in what you have to offer. In The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing, you’ll learn time-tested ways to make your offer stand out, even in the most competitive of markets.
Ries and Trout are masters of finding patterns in promotion – what works, and what doesn’t. The advice in The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing is simple and straightforward: be first in the customer’s mind. If you’re not first, create a new category you can be first in. Position yourself clearly against your competition, and stay consistent with your position. Each “immutable law” is backed by several examples, making it easy to see the laws in practice.
If your offer doesn’t stand out, it won’t sell. Instead of testing everything yourself, it helps to learn what works, without making avoidable, painful, and expensive mistakes. The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing will help ensure your marketing efforts pay off the first time.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords