Permission Marketing - Seth Godin
By Josh Kaufman
The era of mass market advertising as a primary marketing strategy is over – it’s expensive, annoying, and becoming less effective by the day. Permission Marketing teaches you how to market your offerings in a fundamentally different and more sustainable way: by “turning strangers into friends and friends into customers.”
Mass market advertising (like television, print, telemarketing, etc) rely on interruption to work – they grab your attention without your permission, which is why people find these forms of marketing irritating. The key to more effective marketing is “permission”: attracting your prospective customer’s attention by doing something worth paying attention to, then obtaining their permission to continue the conversation.
By helping you focus on providing value to your prospect instead of indiscriminately hawking your wares, Permission Marketing will help you build a solid foundation for any modern marketing campaign.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords