The Creative Habit - Twyla Tharp
By Josh Kaufman
Creating something new and useful is one of the surest and best ways to succeed in business, but “the muse” is notoriously fickle. But does it have to be?
Twyla Tharp is one of the most respected and influential choreographers of our time, and she has a great deal to say about creativity. In The Creative Habit, you will learn how to actively harness your creativity through a combination of preparation, routine, and practice.
The principles taught in this book are straightforward and very practical. You will learn how to prepare for creativity through the use of rituals, constraints, structure, doodling, research, and improvisation – all illustrated with personal stories and examples from Tharp’s 35+ years of professional dance experience.
Consistent, sustained creativity takes a great deal of effort, but you don’t have to wait for the muse – if you’re willing to learn what Tharp has to teach in The Creative Habit, your persistence and dedication will make the muse come to you.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords