Crucial Conversations - Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, & Al Switzler
By Josh Kaufman
Life is full of difficult situations that require not-so-fun conversations with the people around us, both at home and at work. Written by a team of expert communicators, Crucial Conversations will teach you how to handle difficult interpersonal situations with poise and skill.
Arguing with others is counter-productive, and avoiding the conversation doesn’t resolve the issue. By reading this book and mastering the principles it teaches, you can diffuse or avoid many unpleasant and unproductive situations before they occur. By setting expectations, listening with your full attention, and showing respect for the other party, you’ll be able to keep moving forward in a productive and enjoyable way instead of getting bogged-down in disagreement and strife.
Major topics discussed in this book include: making the situation emotionally safe for both parties to speak, how to manage your emotions, how to discuss sensitive issues, how to persuade others without being abrasive or pushy, and how to work with people who are upset or angry.
After reading Crucial Conversations, you’ll be well prepared to handle any difficult situation you’re likely to face at home or at work.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords