I Will Teach You To Be Rich - Ramit Sethi
By Josh Kaufman
For most people, negotiation is a strategy reserved for “big deals” like purchasing a house. After reading I Will Teach You To Be Rich, you’ll realize that negotiation situations are everywhere, and that you can save thousands of dollars every year if you simply pay attention and start dealing.
I Will Teach You To Be Rich is a personal finance book with a twist: instead of simply covering financial concepts and tools (which it does admirably), this book helps you identify a few ways to potentially save (or make) substantial sums of money, and then teaches you how to turn that possibility into reality by negotiating. In most cases, this involves doing a bit of research, then calling the other party (like a bank or insurance company) to make a proposal using the negotiation tactics and scripts Sethi provides. More often than not, by being informed and direct, you can successfully negotiate yourself into a better financial position in a matter of minutes.
I Will Teach You To Be Rich will help build your negotiation skills and confidence via real-world practice you can try immediately, saving you money and preparing you to negotiate bigger deals at the same time. Sethi’s casual and irreverent (some might say cheeky) tone may not appeal to everyone, but the information contained in this book is solid gold.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords