The Millionaire Next Door - Thomas Stanley & William Danko
By Josh Kaufman
What’s the easiest way to have a net worth of over $1 million dollars? Find a way to earn a million dollars… without spending it.
Based on Stanley & Danko’s 20+ years of research, people who are financially secure are very different from people who “act wealthy.” The Millionaire Next Door will give you a candid and detailed look at the personal habits of the financially successful.
Financially successful people choose to do work that is economically rewarding, then manage their income with frugality and thrift. Instead of spending their money on expensive cars or designer clothing, they choose to save and invest it, focusing more on intangible relationships with family and friends than outward displays of success.
As the saying goes: “even the smallest leak will sink the biggest ship.” The Millionaire Next Door will enable you to examine your financial decisions against the actions of others who have achieved financial security, helping you find the wealth-destroying leaks in your current financial situation.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords