Lean Thinking - James Womack & Daniel Jones
By Josh Kaufman
In a few short decades, Toyota surpassed its competitors to become the largest and most successful automotive manufacturer in the world. This book is about how they did it.
Lean Thinking is an in-depth look at the core principles behind the Toyota Production System, one of the most efficient and streamlined manufacturing operations in history.
This book will teach you the basic concepts of lean production, as created and practiced by Toyota. You’ll discover how to think like your customer, complete a value stream analysis of current operations, eliminate wasteful activities, build flexibility into your operations, and build a culture that relentlessly pursues operational perfection.
Lean Thinking is a great conceptual overview of lean production principles. Understanding the subtle power of continuous improvement will help you improve the operations of any business, large or small.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords