Principles of Statistics - M.G. Bulmer
By Josh Kaufman
How to Lie With Statistics_ (which was featured in the Finance & Analysis category) is about how to avoid misusing statistics in daily life. In contrast, *_Principles of Statistics is a an uncommonly useful primer on how to actually use your own data to perform basic and intermediate statistical calculations, comparisons, and analyses.*
In this short but comprehensive book, M.G. Bulmer blends theory with practical examples to introduce the reader to intermediate statistics. Subjects include the concept of probability, random variables, probability distributions, expected values, tests of significance, statistical inference, point estimation, regression, and correlation.
If you’re responsible for using statistics in your current job, you can’t find a better reference text than Principles of Statistics.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords