SPIN Selling - Neil Rackham
By Josh Kaufman
Not all sales are the same: tactics that result in a successful sale to an individual will often fail if used to sell to a company.
SPIN Selling will teach you a process designed to help you successfully sell high-value products and services to business buyers.
Making a large sale to a company has more to do with building respect and trust than tricky closing techniques. Backed by 12 years of research, Neil Rackham’s SPIN Selling process details how to win the trust of a corporate purchaser: (1) understand the buyer’s current situation; (2) understand the buyer’s problems; (3) identify the implications of those problems; and (4) help the buyer internalize how much they need your help, and the ultimate payoff of working with you.
Ultimately, SPIN Selling is a book that teaches you to ask good questions that quickly expose the need while presenting your company as an attractive solution to that need. If you’re selling to corporate buyers, you should read this book immediately.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords