Value-Based Fees - Alan Weiss
By Josh Kaufman
Pricing is a sensitive issue for almost every businessperson – it’s difficult to put a value on what you do, and people naturally tend to consistently under-price their services to avoid the fear of rejection. Value-Based Fees will show you how to frame your offer against the value you provide, which will allow you to support a higher price your customers will be happy to pay.
This book is ostensibly about consulting, but the core idea is applicable to all businesses. Weiss, who is also the author of Getting Started in Consulting_, is a master consultant with decades of experience in pitching large projects – and asking for very large fees. In _Value-Based Fees, Weiss walks you though the process of establishing what your offer is worth to the customer, then using that estimate of value to support an asking price that’s a mere percentage of that value. When your prospects fully understand the value you provide, they won’t blink at your asking price.
Every business must reach financial sufficiency to survive and thrive. Value-Based Fees will help you charge the prices you deserve, making it far easier to reap the rewards of doing valuable work.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords