Getting Started in Consulting - Alan Weiss
By Josh Kaufman
Entrepreneurship isn’t just about creating physical products: it’s about helping and serving other people as well. Chances are good that you’re probably in the top 25% of people in some particular area, and this book can help you turn that knowledge and experience into money.
Getting Started in Consulting will teach you how to start a consulting business with low overhead and high revenue potential.
In this book, you’ll learn how to finance your start-up and operational costs, market your services to corporate clients, write proposals that close the sale, set your fees, keep accurate records, and structure your business for maximum flexibility.
I’ve found Getting Started in Consulting very helpful in thinking through many aspects of Personal MBA Coaching, and I’m convinced that this book is the single best resource on starting a consulting practice currently available.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords