Total Leadership - Stewart Friedman
By Josh Kaufman
Leadership involves responsibility, but how can you deliver on what you’re responsible for if you’re constantly stretched too thin? Total Leadership will teach you how to balance the demands of four major areas of life: your work, your home life, your community, and yourself.**
Total Leadership will help you become a better leader by identifying “four-way wins”: situations in which you fulfill the needs in more than one area at the same time. The exercises in this book are designed to give you a better perspective on what you’re actually responsible for, as well as generate creative options that will enable you to elegantly satisfy these demands while maintaining a solid sense of perspective and taking good care of yourself.
By finding creative ways to exercise your responsibility or alter the structure of your responsibilities, you’ll have more physical, mental, and emotional energy to devote to what you care about most. That’s Total Leadership at its finest.
(Special thanks to Todd Sattersten and Jack Covert for bringing my attention to this book.)
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords