What Got You Here Won't Get You There - Marshall Goldsmith
By Josh Kaufman
C-level executives at all companies tend to be intelligent, driven, dedicated, and hard-working. The primary difference between effective and ineffective leaders is interpersonal skills: great leaders act in ways that engage instead of annoy others.
What Got You Here Won’t Get You There exposes 20 unconscious habits that are holding you back as an effective manager and leader, then teaches you how to eliminate them.
In this book, veteran executive coach Marshall Goldsmith shares his years of experience in helping top executives at Fortune 500 companies change their behavior and improve their interpersonal skills. Although many leaders are rightfully proud of their accomplishments, the personality traits that they credit their success to may be the very tendencies that are limiting their promotion potential.
In What Got You Here Won’t Get You There, you’ll learn about the dangers of “winning too much”, adding too much value, refusing to share information, and taking too much credit for results. By staying mindful of the subtle ways you communicate disrespect for your peers and subordinates, you’ll improve your relationships with your associates dramatically.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords