Marketing Metrics - Paul Farris, Neil Bendle, Phillip Pfeifer, & David Reibstein
By Josh Kaufman
Generating and closing leads is the lifeblood of every business, and measuring the results of your marketing activity is critically important to your success. Marketing Metrics will help you understand your current business process and craft a set of metrics that will keep your attention on the most important issues facing your business.
Major topics include measuring customer perception, market share, competitive analysis, revenue, cost structure, profitability, awareness, trial, growth, repeat, cannibalization, brand equity, customer profitability, margin, market coverage, operations and logistics, price sensitivity, promotional activity, reach, frequency, and impressions.
In the immortal words of Peter Drucker, “what gets measured gets managed.” Marketing Metrics will help you measure everything in your business that matters.
(Special thanks to Personal MBA member Tyler Martin for recommending this book.)
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords