Results Without Authority - Tom Kendrick
By Josh Kaufman
If you’re responsible for leading a project in a modern company, there’s a 99.9% probability that at least one of the members of the team doesn’t report to you. Results Without Authority will teach you how to lead a project team effectively via influence and clear communication.
Tom Kendrick is a program manager at Hewlett-Packard, and has a great deal of experience in leading large, complex project teams. In Results Without Authority, you’ll learn about project control, project management processes, building effective relationships, planning, and monitoring progress.
The straightforward structure of this book makes it easy to quickly find sections that are relevant to your current projects. Examples are used liberally to illustrate key concepts and practices.
Appendix A contains a list of common project management questions, and alone is well worth the price of the book. If you’re responsible for leading a project, large or small, read Results Without Authority.
Like this post? Join over 35,000 readers and subscribe to Josh Kaufman's email newsletter. You'll receive useful ideas, book excerpts, and resources that will help you make more money, get more done, and have more fun. It's free!
Recent Posts on PersonalMBA.com
- Hacking Higher Education - Turning Online Courses into College Credits
- LIVE from Seattle - Join Us Today For Free Business Training
- Reminder - CreativeLIVE Free Online Course April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE rescheduled to April 4-5
- CreativeLIVE - Rescheduling Due to Illness
- 3 Business Course Recommendations
- CreativeLIVE - Free Live Course Feb 14-15
- Best Essays I've Read in 2012
- Audible.com Best of 2012
- A Holistic Mission to Organically Downsize Buzzwords